Don't forget to visit HORSEY FETE on Bank Holiday Monday, 30th May
from 1.30pm until approximately 4.30pm
Lots of FUN for all the family,
including the Annual Dog Show
A small village approximately 11 miles North West of Great Yarmouth; 1 mile
from the beach, and 21 miles from Norwich.
An area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, bequeathed to The National Trust by the
BUXTON Family in 1948, the area is well-known to Birdwatchers and Naturalists, but most others will
never have heard of it!
Our aim with this site is to enlighten and educate visitors and locals alike, of
some of the fascinating history of the village, with the aid of wonderful old photographs of the area. There will
also be plenty to interest Family and Local Historians, with reminiscences of the "way things used to
The Site has been broken down as follows:
- Current Events - current and forthcoming events in the Village.
Women's Institute Reports and Meetings. Council Meetings. Have YOUR
say on village life
- History - the history of the village, together with local
- Architecture and Topography - Descriptions and histories
of the buildings, past and present, of the village.
- Genealogy - The people who lived here; who they were and what they did. Official
Lists such as Census returns etc, and Family histories, will also be found here.
- Horsey Memories - memories of villagers, past and